Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My apologies to everyone...including myself

Just enjoyed a delicious dinner of "busy day" pork chops, pasta, and corn...too many carbs, but my kids ate and it was homemade. Those are both important to me. I've been doing a much better job at portion control, which is huge. I haven't weighed myself lately, but I'm getting on the Wii later so we'll see how that goes! I have done Zumba the past two Mondays and have actually found a form of exercise that I enjoy. I hope to add it to my Wednesday routine too and maybe an occasional Saturday morning. I'm going to have to invest in the DVDs or Wii game at some point. Just from Zumba and a little bit on the elliptical, I feel as though I'm a little stronger and have a little more endurance. Those are the kinds of changes that I need to feel in order to stay motivated. Now if I could just find more time in the day and more energy to go with it. Anyone out there have tips for foods or activities that help you boost your energy?? Besides caffeine? :) I think I have a bad case of the winter blues. I'm ready for sunshine. I can't remember the last day that we saw lots of sunshine. I would love some warm weather to go with it. Am I asking for too much?? I must be, because the temps are supposed to drop drastically and be extremely cold over the next few days. :(

Thank you to those of you who have made encouraging comments after reading this blog. You are my supporters...I don't want to disappoint, so I'm off to exercise!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you found a form of exercise you enjoy! That's key for sticking with a program. I know it's caffeine, but you might look into green tea. Lots of benefits there!

    ReplyDelete